   Ginger Ale will work for nausea if it is real ginger ale--not the Ginger
Ale that you get in the grocery store.  It has no ginger in it--only
flavoring.  Ginger Ale from the health food store has the real stuff and it
will help prevent/stop nausea.
   I always have success with crystalized ginger.  I just chew a little piece
(about one inch square) and the nausea disappears.  We buy crystalized ginger
in the Crack Seed store, but grocery stores and health food stores frequently
have it.  I think it is the same as what some refer to as candied ginger.
Sincerely,
Joan Dykstra