When Don laughs, the world is a better place!  A little food flying around is
no big deal!  Why not use a SPOON for the peas, corn, etc?  A  placemat under
the dish could help catch any flying veggies, and just scoop them up again! We
have an Indian  restaurant, that I can recommend highly to anyone visiting
South Florida, the name is Royal India, they make flat breads with vegetables,
fruit, nuts and spices baked in them, I don't know if other Indian restaurants
do this, but it is a good way to get bread and veggies in an easy to eat form!
I am getting SO HUNGRY talking about food!  Gotta go eat now!