My mother, 84, was diagnosed several years ago with PD.  She is
extraordinarily sensitive to medications (always has been) and it's been
difficult for her neurologist to find the right combination of meds that
doesn't immediately give her the worst of all potential side effects.
She's recently been put on an extremely low dosage of Requip, the hope
being to gradually build up the dose.  So far, even at a small dose, she's
having the side effect of extreme fatigue, but she's also been extremely
light sensitive.  That is, she finds that her eyes are really bothered by
bright and not-so-bright lights. (We'd noticed this before the Requip, but
it seems to be getting worse.)  Does anyone know if light-sensitivity is an
effect of Requip or even of PD?  I'd appreciate any information.
Theresa Ammirati
New London, CT