Dear ListFriends,

Today I took my father back to the Emory Clinic.  We expected to have an
appointment with the neurologist, but instead he had scheduled more tests.

Dad had an EMG (electromiography) test and something similar that wasn't
given a name to test the nerves.  I understand the EMG tests the muscles.
I didn't get to watch, so all my info is secondhand from the exhausted
patient.  They stuck probes on him and into (!) him and also gave him some
electical shocks, all on his arms and legs.  He heard them concluding that
the left side is normal and the right side isn't (we coulda told them that!).

Has anyone here undergone such tests?  What was the outcome and, more
importantly, what do they do afterwards?  We will be following up with the
doctor later this week, but right now we're totally in the dark about what
these tests did and might accomplish.

Any ideas?

Jane Koenig
(daughter of Fred - 79/<1)