While you have had a number of responses from people who had no problem
with Mirapex, I must tell you that this was not the case with Peter.  We
think that in his case, because the neuro refused to reduce his Sinemet
initially (and he seems to be at risk for hallucinations)after one week on
the lowest dose he had a terrible paranoid experience which put him in
hospital for 3 days, and took weeks to return to "PD normal". So, your
neuro is right, there can be serious problems, and you are right to be
cautious---I would suggest that if you experience ANY hallucinations, even
"benign" ones, you tell him at once. Also, consider what other meds you are
on that might produce a cumulative effect, as happened with Peter.
        BTW, he stopped the Mirapex in the hospital, of course, and he is
now on Requip. Today the neuro felt it best NOT to continue increasing the
Requip beyond 4.5mg a day, since it--or any of the PD meds--can also cause
hallucionations.  This is also true for Tasmar, he said--(the clinic there
is doing a small study of patients on Tasmar)--and dyskinesia is the other
common side effect of Tasmar..

>MY NEUROLOGIST, IN AN OFFICE VISIT TODAY, RELAYED TO ME, A POTENTIIAL
>USER, THAT SEVERAL OF HIS PATIENTS HAD EXPERIENCED SERIOUS HALLUCINATIONS UPON
>INITIAL USE OF MIRAPEX.
>CAN OTHER PATIENTS/DOCTORS CONFIRM OR COMMENT  ON THIS REACTION?
>AWAITNG YOUR REPLIES,
>MARK STEINER

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH