Hi, Theresa...

Your mother may be developing blepharospasm, a condition wehich causes
great discomfort because of the extreme sensitivity leading to spasms in
the lids and surrounding areas. I take sinimet and paxil for my
Parkinson's. My neurologist today explained that sinemet can aggravate this
condition. Two months ago we began to cut back the sinemet a little bit,
and I started to wear prescription polaroid glasses. Formerly, I had been
treated with botox shots, apparantly the only known treatment of this
mysterious condition. The combination of polaroid lesnses and the cutback
in sinemet seems to be working. My blepharospasm is now less intense and
does not attack so often as before. I got the idea from a UK list member
who was taking the same medication I am for my heart, and which his
neurologist told him was contraindicated for Parkinson's. None of this may
mean anything in your mother's case, since there seems to be no universal
formula--each patient is unique!  But it just might be worth talking to the
medical experts in your mother's case.

Best wishes,

Herman