Elizabeth,

That EMG sounds like torture.  And I thought the "zap" test was bad
enough.  I do not know what they called it,  but it is when they tape
electrodes on you at various places ( in my case on my
arms--fingertips, wrists, elbows, shoulders) and send electric shocks
from one electrode to the other.  They do this in order to measure
how fast the nerves carry the impluse.  If it is too slow you may
have nerve damage.  At least one of the attendants giving me the test
the first time had to leave the room after I involunterily kicked
him.

don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
Marling McReynolds