I know nothing is ever as simple as it seems when dealing with unknowns. If
anyone really knew how much it would cost to cure Parkinson's  or any disease,
they must know the exact cause,  and that is unlikely.  Regardless, the sooner
the politics-as-usual stops, and the research money starts flowing where it is
needed, the faster the cure, and it will likely lead to finding cures for
other diseases.
Any money spent will be an investment, which will be paid back 100 fold or
more. It's just common sense, if we could just get them to see the truth!