Dear Camilla, Phil, Lorraine, others who have written, and all my list sibs,

Thank you for your wonderful support of any efforts I may have made in trying
to get our congressmen to feel and then ACT, but, of course I would never even
have been able to make a credible start w/o PAN's support and shell letter or
w/o all the info I receive from this and the CARE lists.  For me, all of you
have been a lifeline.  I have made many true friends as we are all people who
understand a lot better than I ever did before Art's diagnosis (and I thought
I understood it all then, having always been identified as an empathetic
person by others) how important support can be when one is frightened and
lonely and w/o information or others who would be able to relate.  So, thank
you for your friendship and willingness to share also.

This list is such a wonderful resource to all of us.  Let's share some letters
of support that we can send out (more shell letters that can be personalized).
We''ve got to find ways of making Udall happen and ways of making the process
simple.  I'll see if I can dream up another something--a lot shorter than the
last 4 pager I did--to be personalized by the individual and sent to his or
her Congressperson or Senator who would, of course, be different than mine.
Perhaps another one of you will have a brainstorm or even a simple rendering
that might cause another to have a brainstorm to share and that could result
in two more shells.  What do you say?  We have to make a pact that we will be
kind to one another in our mutual efforts so that sensitive others like me
will feel free to offer our ideas to the group.  We have to develop a mutual
focus here which is to get Udall fully funded and the idea that we won't rest
until we do.  When we all together with all of our families and all of our
friends and all of our colleagues (both past and present) get cranking with
these letters,the money WILL BE APPROPRIATED.  They will want to get us off
their backs.  We need to have more righteous indignation here.  A year to the
members of the appropriations committee doesn't mean as much as a year means
to us!

Here I go again, but that's what may be needed.

Barb Brock 53 cg Art 56/1 year