58/9have suffered very similiar back pain between shoulders when
preparing food etc.nd ironing over the last 3 years. Try sitting on a
high stool whilst doing these things if your wife has good stability.
My favourite relief is this little "Rolly Polly" thing calkled the body
hugger available in any gift areas of stores.warmed up in the micro wave
and applied to the painful area.
Massage ofcourse is the ultimate.A wonderful book for learning is HANDS
ON HEALING MASSAGE remedies for hundreds of Health Problems put out by
the editors of Prevention magazine John Feltman. Can be fun to!
My  neurologist put the pain down to muscle cramping due to PD. now I am
noticeably developing scoliosis (his Diagnosis) at my next conference I
hope he will give me some direction in physiotherapoy or exercise
details.
Best of luck and hope you get some relief
have a good day
Maragret Clark