Rick wrote:
>I have a question about Mirapex I was hoping to get some help with. After
>initial diagnosis about 3 months ago, I went on a course of Sinemet CR. Did
>fine, even great. Now I am on 3rd week of Mirapex and have just titrated
>up to .50 mg 3 times a day. Stopped the Sinemet two days ago, per
>instructions from neurologist. Bummer. PD symptoms (stiffness, slowness)
>are worse than when on Sinemet, but not as bad as before Sinemet. Any
>comments or experiences regarding how long one must be taking Mirapex for
>its full effectiveness to be felt? I know everybody reacts differently, but
>wanted to get some idea of the range of possibilities to expect.

I assume three 25/100 CR tablets per day.

Stopping abruptly is not prudent. especially if symptoms were interfering
with functioning three m0nths ago.

You may not find that you can do without levodopa - using only pramipexole.
my suggestion is that you tell the doctor you need something more - and have
a suggestion that you take one-half of a CR (or a quarter of one)  upon
arising, ad half an hour before noon meal and evening meal along with your
three .5 mg pramipexole med.

I am taking six halves of generic carbidopa/levodopa 25/250 and four 0.25
mg. Mirapex each day.  this is less Mirapex than you, but more levodopa  (if
my guess about what you were taking was accurate).

just friendly advice, not a medical professional, ron

Ronald Vetter  1936, dz PD 1984, carbidopa/levodopa, Mirapex, selegiline
[log in to unmask]     Ridgecrest, California
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter