Rick,
Jim has been on Mirapex for 6 mnths.  He titrated like you but went to a level
of 3.0 mg. per day.  We saw improvement at about 2 mg. per day.  It lessened
Jim's freezing and stiffness and "down times", improved his sleeping at nite
as opposed to sleeping most of the day.  It worsened his speech.  We were
doing fine until about 3 wks ago whenthehallucinations began.  We are in a
muddle just now.
However, according to the drug rep for Upjohn your  benefit will be much
greater as you are a new dx and not taken much else.  That is where the
greatest benefit lies.
Also, i don't know if anyone coming all the way off Sinemet so soon.  The drug
rep said you should come down slowly.  Typically, your sinemet will decrease
by 20%.
But it may be different for you since you are so fresh at it.

SArlene CG Jim dx 1984