Dear Camilla, and Listserv members,

I'd like to point out that Camilla and Peter have done exactly what I
encourage my clients to to: take written materials along when visiting
physicians. In "Eat well..." I purposely provided spaces for note-taking after
each chapter, and encourage readers to use these spaces, which in my opinion,
are possibly its most valuable aspect. Noting the timing of meals and meds,
mobility increases and decreases, falls, fluctuations, mental and physical
symptoms is a very powerful tool to take to the physician, nurse, dietitian,
and other health personnal.

I ask all my clients for a three-day food record, including the medications,
the time meds were taken, and notes on how they felt subsequently. This
enables me to track possible food interferences, suggest timing of food
intake, and look for food-drug and drug-drug interactions. I couldn't begin to
tell you how many serious and potentially serious health problems have been
discovered and averted in this way.

So often, physicians and office staff are glad to get new resources; they may
very well be grateful to you for bringing along any books, pamphlets, etc.
that you are using. I take these materials very seriously when my clients show
them to me, and include them in my own files for future use.

> Last week, when Peter saw his neuro at the U. oc Cincinnati clinic, their
> dietician was also in the room. Peter had taken along both Kathrynne's
> book,"Eat well, Stay well with PD" and the excellent Australian book for
> teaching family docs about PD.
> The dietician was very impressed with Kathrynne's book, and plans to order
> a copy. She may also get in touch with Kathrynne, as she is interested in
> K's PD research.

I would be happy to interact with any health professionals who are interested
in more information on nutrition and PD. My focus is on preventing
nutrition-related hospitalizations, and I have  research studies I can make
available to interested physicians, RDs, etc.

Thanks, Camilla, for pointing that out; I hope others will follow your
example.

Best regards,
Kathrynne
--