originally posted 1998/01/17

hi siblings

i'm at it again:
answering a private message in the bright glow of the list

fooling with or making adjustments/changes to our meds
can be, at the least, a tricky business
and, at worst, a dangerous one

as i have posted before
our symptoms, whether pd-induced or drug-induced,
can manifest as physical ones or cognitive ones:
a tremour
a delusion
rigidity
obsession
nausea
despair
mask face
paranoia
et cetera
et cetera
et cetera

even tiny changes
in our brain chemistry
can alter the way we perceive our world
sensually, emotionally, intellectually, hormonally, morally, you name it

my adopted cyber-dad, don mckinley,
has been one of the brightest lights on this list
with one of the most generous loving spirits i've ever run into
not to mention the goofiest sense of humour
despite the worst spelling keyboard
on the planet

my dear cyber dad don
i don't mean to embarass you by writing all this in public
but i know your sharing nature won't mind if it helps anyone else

i questioned you on your two recent responses to jim
precisely because i couldn't understand what caused them
and also because i found your responses to be
so out of character for you

in your reply to me you said:
>...am on new meds after 26 years
>...was not able to add 2+2 to get 4
>my babies are trying to get me back.
>it seems i am getting upset over little things...

and i think that may be what's been happening

it's quite possible
that your med changes
have caused the upsets you describe
and are putting a 'spin' on the way you interpret jim's words
sort of like a fun house mirror at the fair
but not much fun

sort of like some hormone changes in me
have transformed this easy-going grrl
into a ferocious fiend

>you know parents are not always right;
>children sometimes know more.
>so honey speak your mind.
>do what you think is right, love dad.

now that's the sweet don we have grown to care for
and since you invited me to do
what i think is right
i did

much love to you and vivian and the 'girls'

sis

janet paterson
51/10 - sinemet/selegiline/prozac
almonte/ontario/canada - [log in to unmask]