Disclaimer: I don't claim that it is better than what your dr. gives you,
I'm just happy because I couldn't get Dad to the dr and even a small
response is better than what he is going through untreated.  And it is
proving to be a very effective method of GETTING him to the dr.... :)

I've been reading a lot about it.  It is an Indian herb.  According to
several studies in alternative medicine, it is a safe and effective way to
treat Parkinson's.  It is mentioned at
http://www.parkinsonsdisease.com/lwp/lwp10.htm .  I have been reading about
Ayurvedic medicine and found that it is also called Cowhage but only found
it for sale under the Sanskrit name of Kapi Kacchu, various other spellings.
I bought mine from Bazaar of India at http://www.boii.com/ for about $18.00
a pound, though it is also for sale at http://www.niam.com/ and probably
other places.  The study I read at
http://www.healthgate.com/cgi-bin/q-format.cgi?f=G&d=fmb96&m=686410&ui=98051
804 said that the dosage was 7.5 g, 6 +/- 3 per day.  My Dad said that the 7
g dose lasted about 4 hours, made him feel much better, but also put him in
a fantastic, great mood, not sure why.  He was cracking jokes, making us
roll on the floor laughing, though the subsequent doses don't seem to be
causing that as much - the humor part.  He is feeling MUCH better.

I have also found the seeds to grow only though, at http://www.richters.com

That is all I know!