hi jenny;

you wrote, in part:
>...I couldn't get Dad to the dr ...
>...what he is going through untreated...

whew!
i felt pretty lousy by the time i was diagnosed
it took me about three years to get up my 'nerve'
and 'face the music' by going to a doctor for help...
three years of physical discomfort and emotional self-torture...
yikes

>..proving to be a very effective method of GETTING him to the dr.... :)

excellent!
his dank worries about huntington's et al
have been blasted away by some fresh air

>...Dad said that the 7 g dose lasted about 4 hours,
>made him feel much better,
>but also put him in a fantastic, great mood, not sure why.
>He was cracking jokes, making us roll on the floor laughing,
>though the subsequent doses don't seem to be
>causing that as much - the humor part.
>He is feeling MUCH better...

aha!
a puzzle containing its own solution!

my experience with pd, cd, and life in general
has pointed out quite clearly to me that the sense of humour
is the very first victim of a viewpoint/lens clouded with negativity/worry

it seems to me
your dad's physical and emotional relief
at realizing 'it's only parkinson's' has enabled him
to flip his viewpoint 180 degrees
from
the glass is half empty
the glass is half full

yikes!
the pain/joy we give ourselves by our choices!
what power!

your father's spirit was doused by the damp blanket of 'awfulizing'
an insidious process which i know only too well
it stifles my joy, my 'voice', my 'spunkiness'
and worst of all, to me at least,
my goofiness

laughter is grace

with much love for you and yours
and that newbie parkie

your cyber-sis

janet

janet paterson
51/10 - sinemet/selegiline/prozac
almonte/ontario/canada - [log in to unmask]