This other observation about the Symposium is important: of the possibly
seventy people at the symposium, five were speakers, ten were vendors, and
maybe fifteen were members of the support group who had specific
assignments there.  Thirty-nine others, I suspect, were regular members of
the support group.  Outsiders?  To the best of my knowledge, one: me.

We talk about the way that (until recently?) our national groups didn't
work together.  Are we seeing the same thing on a local level?  For a meaty
program like this, we should have expected at least a handful of people to
travel the thirty miles from Dallas to Fort Worth - if they had known about
it in time.  Not placing blame, I am just suggesting that nearby support
groups should work together.

Last summer I was the only person from Dallas to show up at a Parkinson's
walk in Whitesboro, TX.  Today, I was the only Dallas person (other than a
speaker) to show up in Fort Worth.  Next month, there will be a symposium
in Houston - I've had enough advance warning, and I'll try to get there too.

This is not intended as praise of myself - I still have the flexibility to
travel where many Parkinsonian friends cannot.  Rather I'm suggesting that
a lot of effort is expended by various support groups around the world on
their programs.  And I'm wondering what effort is made by these groups to
share the fruits of their labors with others - and to have the fruits of
others' labors shared with them.

Just a thought....

Art

 Arthur Hirsch {} [log in to unmask] {} Lewisville, TX {} 972-434-2377

   Always Remember This:  Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness