Hi Kees & all others with double click trouble;

You wrote:

> hi listfriends,
>
> a few other key-combinations :
>
> ctrl  + F4 = close window
> shift + F4 = tile horizontal
> shift + F5 = cascade
>
> alt        = activate menubar
> arrow down = pull down menu
> try the other arrows
>
> shift + arrow = highlight text
> ctrl + c = copy highlighted text
> ctrl + x = cut highlighted text
> ctrl + v = paste highlighted text
>
> ctrl + z = undo
>
> use sticky keys :
>
> that means you can do the key combinations by pressing them one by one, so
> no difficulties with the hand.
>
> click on start
> click on settings
> click on control panel
> double-click on accessibility
> click on tab keyboard
> mark the box "use sticky keys"
>
> if you like you can also mark the "filter" option
> reboot (=restart your computer)
>
> I hope this makes it more easy to "cope" with your keyboard. You will still
> need to work with the mouse. But there are alternatives for the mouse. I
> name 2 : the trackball and the 5-key pad for curser steering.
>

> Warm greetings from a happy Dutchman in Texas, 48/9,

I have a laptop at work with Windows 95 and the "knitting needle
pointing device" to move the cursor.  It is awkward for any user let
alone a stiff fingered shaky pwp.  I soon learned Control-Escape is
the equivalent of clicking on the Start button.  As Kees said there
are alternatives to the mouse.  (the pointing device is a bad one)

I use a keyboard friendly browser instead of Netscape or Internet
Explorer.  The browser I use is Opera and it runs rings around the
other 2 when it comes to certain features like Full Keyboard
Navigation and Zooming.   It also runs well on even a 386SX with
8 megs of Ram!

You can download a free 30 day evaluation copy at:

http://www.operasoftware.com

A registered copy is $35 US and is a bargain in my book.

You can check the features at:

http://www.operasoftware.com/features.html

And the Keyboard Navigation at:

http://www.operasoftware.com/keyboard.html

I am in no way connected to the Opera people, just a very satisfied
user.  (And Pegasus E-Mail client which is also free.)

I have a 386 which I loan to members of our support group to "get
their feet webbed" on surfing.  No one dislikes Opera.  When their
friends and relatives see it running on a 386 they want it too.

The best of health to you all.......Murray 53/4

.