Re: Floxin--Peter recently took a course of this antibiotic for a urinary
infection, after the urologist did a culture and said this was the best one
to use. He had been on another antibio. earlier which didn't clear it up,
but Floxin did, in about a week.  When we saw his neuro, he asked if Floxin
was related to Cipro, saying that Cipro would interfere with the Requip
Peter takes. We had not been aware of any reaction to the Floxin,BTW.

I checked with our pharmacist, who said the two drugs are "in the same
family" but that according to the info he has Floxin is metabolized in a
different way than Cipro, and should be OK with the Requip.  Sounds to me
like something to check into carefully if again Rx'd.  The neuro did not
say not to use it, but I think was saying that Cipro would interfere with
some  enzyme in Requip, rather than a warning of general risk. Anyone have
further info?

Barb Brock wrote:

>Dear List Friends,
>I recently view a TV program (can't remember if it was Dateline or what)
>about the dangers of Floxin, which like Cipro and Norfloxacin, is in a
>group of antibiotics known as "quinolones."  Apparently, a number of
>people have had long lasting and debilitating neurological consequences
>from having taken them.  Would be interested in your collective reactions
>to this information. Have any of you taken Floxin, often prescribed for
>prostate infections, and had a bad reaction?  Please let me know as Art
>had several courses on Floxin prior to being diagnosed with PD, tho I do
>strongly believe he had a number of signs long before.
>Thanks.
>Barb Brock 53 cg Art 56/1year.

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH