From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of JDroli
Sent:   Sunday, April 19, 1998 9:52 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Fetal tissue: Progress and approval

Dear Listfriends,

I would like to know if there has been any progress on gaining FDA approval
for fetal tissue transplants.
What kind of results is the procedure getting from those who have had it done?
As some of you may know, I have been under consideration for the operation
since December of last year. I am just in the initial stages of the testing
process. The operation would be done at Good Samaritan in L.A. But there were
a number of tests that can be done here in Milwaukee. I am getting them out of
the way this Friday morning (EEG, EKG, blood work, ect..)
I would really like to know if it will be worth the time, money and effort to
have the procedure done.

Regards,
Jacob Drollinger (27 years old, CO poisoning induced P.D.)