On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Abi Murthy wrote:

> I almost dropped out after I saw the volume of emails I was getting.  But
> I am glad I stayed- this list has given me a lot of answers and (I did not
> even know some of the questions.)  I'm sharing a lot of the info I get on
> the list with my parents (my Dad has PD).
> (snip)
> I like seeing that there are real people laughing and crying-and that I/we
> are not alone in what we are going thru.

YES! When I think life isn't worth living anymore becuse of Parkinson's,
I go here to read and post, and simply feel that I am not alone. My
friends are understanding and supportive, but how are they supposed to
really understand the panic, grief and terror that PD causes me?
How are they supposed to understand the scope(?) of what is happening to
me? Here, I find people who KNOW what it is to have physical abilities
that you took for granted taken away from you.

There are a few people here with whom I've had longer private
conversations with, and all of those were started by me writing "too
personal" (as someone said) postings to the group. Those conversations
have meant so much to me in times of despair as well as in times of joy.
So please, don't take my family away.

Life gets so much brighter and lighter when you share your life with others.
I understand that the volume of the postings is too much, but if we all
try to write good "Subject"-lines in our messages, it's an easy task to
find the things you are interested in.

/John.
(29 years old, with a probable diagnosis of PD since Sept -97)