After the Storm

Later, reading the headlines and counting the cost,
we moved as strangers in a land made strange by familiar
signposts now pointing to oblivion and roads leading to
ruined places once call home.

There we found, strewn across the boundaries of
our lives, fallen monuments to past ambitions amid
the debris of lost hopes.  It came as no surprise
that many cried.

        "All behind is torn and tattered,
        Nothing finished, nothing whole.
        Passing winds the past have scattered
        Passing feelings torn my soul."

There was a need to retrieve and a need to repair;
a need to clear and a need to build again, but first
there was a need to touch each thing, before
the sorting into piles.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 48/11
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/