Hello, everyone.  This is my first post to the list.

My mother has PD, diagnosed a few years ago (at least 7 yrs).  She is 74.
Over the last few months she has been bed-ridden; it is a big
accomplishment for her to sit up on the edge of the bed (not even a weekly
event).  She has tremor in her hands only; when she used to walk, she often
froze.  One eye tends to stare a lot, but on the other hand she is starting
to have trouble keeping her eyes open.  Lately she also sleeps a lot during
the day.  She is still at home; must be fed, bathed, and changed.  Her
spirits are very good (she amazes me!), and her speech is fairly clear.

My father can't take care of her very well, but he has lots of help from
their "Girl Friday" during the day, and a hired caregiver overnight.  I
help out when I can, but I work full time and have a husband whose health
is not good (congestive heart failure).

I am worried about my mother not just in my concern over her present
condition, but also because I really don't know what to expect in the
future.  I have read some PD literature, but I am still not clear on how
the disease may progress for her.  She has no dementia, but will she?  She
is not in pain now, but will she be?  I'm afraid I don't understand it very
well.  How long can she live with this disease?  What will finally take her
life - PD, or something brought on indirectly because of PD?

What sources of information do you folks recommend in order for me to get
answers to my questions and concerns?

I wish everyone peace of mind; I know my mother has that.

Thanks.
- Jenny