Oh Dennis--what a gift you have with words and feelings! The poem was so
appropriate after the tornadoes and floods which have ravaged parts of the
U.S. this spring--and the devastation of ElNino in so many areas of the
world...the "familiar signposts now pointing to oblivion" touches the
heart.....Thank you.

>After the Storm
>
>Later, reading the headlines and counting the cost,
>we moved as strangers in a land made strange by familiar
>signposts now pointing to oblivion and roads leading to
>ruined places once call home.
>
>There we found, strewn across the boundaries of
>our lives, fallen monuments to past ambitions amid
>the debris of lost hopes.  It came as no surprise
>that many cried.
>
>        "All behind is torn and tattered,
>        Nothing finished, nothing whole.
>        Passing winds the past have scattered
>        Passing feelings torn my soul."
>
>There was a need to retrieve and a need to repair;
>a need to clear and a need to build again, but first
>there was a need to touch each thing, before
>the sorting into piles.
>

>Dennis.

>Dennis Greene 48/11
>http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/

 Shalom, Camilla                        [log in to unmask]

                #  When the Spirit moves,  #

                #    the Light changes.    #