hi all

it struck me as an interesting coincidence
that these two messages were sent to the list today:

bill bell wrote:
>...to establish the Northwest Parkinson's Foundation (NWPF)
>...The initial step was to establish a non-for-profit
>corporation here in Washington State...

and also
melinda brown of the national parkinson foundation wrote:
>...all the Foundation's literature. As always,
>it will remain free of charge. No strings attached.

i hate to quibble
but there is no free lunch

if the npf is not a 'not-for-profit' organization
[a question which has never been clarified despite a few queries]
then there will be strings
discreet ones to be sure but strings nonetheless

if the npf is a 'not-for-profit' organization i'd love to hear about it
and whether it was established on the same basis as the nwpf

janet

janet paterson
51/10 - sinemet/selegiline/prozac
almonte/ontario/canada - [log in to unmask]