Barb M.,
I understand exactly what you are saying.  I cannot count the number
of doctors who said any problem I had was:(a) all in my head, (b)
because I was female or (c) would go away if I would just lose a
little weight.
Well, I have had cat scans, mri's neurological conductivity tests,
blood tests, upper gi tests, lower gi tests (never again), and so
many others. And until 3 years ago when Dr. Krenek told me I have PD,
all I ever heard was you are an overweight, over-imaginative woman.
don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
Marling McReynolds