Janet313 wrote:
> i'm intrigued by the tolcapone possibilities; however, i would like to get this current sinemet question sorted out before i start mixing any other new ingredients into my brain's chemical cocktail

Janet,

I can't comment on generic Sinemet, but I think you are wise to hold off
on adding another drug until you are able to determine if the generic
Sinemet is making the difference.

I came home today from an appointment with my neuro, clutching a bottle
of Tasmar, and a prescription in my hot little hands.

When I talked to my neuro last September, the plan was to try Requip
when I felt an adjustment was necessary, so I was surprised when he
suggested I try Tasmar. When I asked him why he had changed his mind, he
said he had had better results with Tasmar.

His instructions are that I take 100 mg. Tasmar, and cut out one
Sinemet, 100/25 a day for the first week, and then call him to let him
know how I am doing. If everything is going well, I expect to add
another 100 mg per day, and hopefully cut back even more on the Sinemet.
That's the ideal situation that we're aiming for, but time will tell...

As Margaret T. said, "Good luck to all of us."

Judith
--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada