For those of us who think we really don't have PD ( I blame
my symptoms on listening to too much Rock & Roll as a
teenager), here's an interesting bit about research into a
PD test:

"Trevigen, a private Maryland-based corporation, is
developing advanced clinical diagnostic tests and high
throughput drug screening assays based on innovative methods
for the detection of DNA
mutations. Trevigen's products are marketed to basic
biomedical and preclinical researchers
investigating genomic alterations. Trevigen is developing
screening assays for the detection of
apoptosis, or programmed cell death which plays a role in
certain neurodegenerative disorders (such
as Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease), and has
agreed to evaluate ABS' neurological
compounds in this screening assay."

--
Jerry Finch