At 12:30 04/14/98 -0300, you wrote:
>Jeremy Browne wrote:
>
>> We all need to laugh at ourselves, and to bear being laughed at, even
>> Christians.
>
>You have just taken the words from my mouth.... as always a "proof" of the
good
>english humourous spirit.....  :-)

Jeremy, Joao Paulo, et al:

My father told me when I was a boy that I was a Duke's mixture. When I asked
what this was he replied, "A little of everything!". I have German, Irish,
French, English and Scottish blood in my veins. Who is to say that I don't
have Italian, Spanish, etc also? If we can't laugh at simple humor without
taking offense, then we are likely to live out a life of sorrow and woe.

Hal Roach, a well known Irish humorist, once told a tale involving a group
in a pub, each professing their religion and the benefits/detriments of
belonging to that particular station. One of the men stated he was an
atheist. The punch line was that being an atheist, the biggest problem
was that he had no holidays.

As a person of smaller stature, I have been accused of being a Texan with
the BS stomped out of him. I have been assigned the title of 'Jack the
Giant Killer' due to my competitive nature and willing to defend my
views to the end. Without some sense of humor it would have been
difficult to endure some of the benefits of life that have come my way.
It is best to maintain a sense of humor even when you may think others
are talking about you......you don't have to 'absorb' the thoughts......
be like a duck and let the water run off your back!

Keep the humor coming.....I may not think a particular item is
funny but the other 90 percent will tickle my funny bone. Bless you!

I would venture to disagree with you, Joao Paulo, regarding Pig Cell
transplants vs. Pallidotomy. Don't take offense! I view the Pig Cell
transplants as less invasive than a Pallidotomy, in that, no brain
tissue is destroyed during the former process. While it may take
longer to see the results of PC surgery, the results so far appear
to be as good a long term solution as with the Pallidotomy. I may
get a rash of responses to this post but as I stated before, I am
similar to the duck! What I think is that what delivers relief to
the individual sufficiently to provide a life better than what was,
is worth exploring and bringing to bear. Life at best is a beast
at times. Each of us has to make the determination how we will
live it to the fullest and as Tiny Tim said in the 'Christmas
Carol', "God bless us every one!".

This is a great list because of the diversity of the people with
a common bond.

Best wishes for a complete cure for all afflicted with less than
perfect health.........Jack

E. Jack Savely CG for Jeannette 59/21+ Topeka, KS
KANSAS - 'THE WHEAT STATE' HOME OF THE SUNFLOWER AND 'TOTO'
Ad Astra per Aspera  -  'To the Stars through Difficulty'