On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Ken Becker wrote:

> I think that's a wonderful idea, Jane. I do understand the reasons why some
> folks only want material directly related to PD to be on the list.  We need a
> program to enable those people to erase all the non-PD posts in one keystroke!
> Any volunteers?

If everyone put headers like "Non PD:" in those posts, many email
programs can move those posts to a special folder, automatically.
The methods are different for each program of course (standards are evil),
but with some help from your Internet Provider it shouldn't be impossible
to set it up.

I read my mail on a Unix system, and I've set up a program called
"procmail" to filter all mail not addressed directly to me and not
coming from PARKINSN into a folder called "probably-spam". Works like a
charm(?). Pornography ads, MAKE $$$$ FAST and other junk just disappears. :)

/John.