^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman      48/11                 [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses         deg. F

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:17:43 -0400 george lussier
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Ivan,
>    What is it with you? ....

 Good morning, George,

  Thank you for responding.

When my friend "A" came over to visit on Saturday, he filled in the
details about one of the suicides I had heard about earlier this winter.
It is so very sad, to me, so much that I posted on it again.

:The point is, I feel that life is so PRECIOUS and precarious for us.

  I can honor suicide as a desparate last resort, but I reallly wish that
 somehow PWP's didn't get to the suicidal state.

   Maybe suicide will wake up a few powerful people, like social workers
and family crisis workers and religious leaders.  I don't think  PWP
suicides will change politicians.

   For me, the bottom line is that, maybe the PWP suicide rate-whatever
it is- will become lower, if the crisis signals can be recognized early
enough.  But what are the crisis signals???

Ivan