hi melinda and bev

thanks, melinda, for answering my question
re the national parkinson foundation's status
as a not-for-profit organization

my limited experience with nfpo's [!]
was in bermuda, where,
in order to be designated a 'registered charity',
and to be allowed to solicit funds from the public,
the organization had to be registered with government
and was required to submit annual audited accounts for the public record

the intention behind the 'red tape' was
to ensure responsibility and appropriate accountability to the public [us]
since their [our] money was funding the organization's existence and good
works

the responsibility aspect
ensured by public access to financial records
is a critical part of any nfpo's reputation and credibility

if this information is not required to be open to the public
then those 'strings' i talked about can become hidden
and tied up to all sorts of agendas and motives
which may or may not reflect the nfpo's
stated mission

in re the the funding of the many pd organizations, particularly in the usa,
when multi-national pharmaceutical companies are involved already
and 100 million us dollars has been added to the research 'pot'
i think it's important to know
who's after the money
and why

your cyber-sibling in circumspection

janet

janet paterson
51/10 - sinemet/selegiline/prozac
almonte/ontario/canada - [log in to unmask]