Two months ago I sent the message below about my wife's high dosage of
medication and some of you were kind enough to reply that her dosage seemed
very high for someone diagnosed only 4 years ago.

A funny thing happened.

She was forced to be without medication for 18 or more hours because of a
surgery evaluation, and what a surprise!

Now she has been able to cut her medication in half!  She also now takes
more regular Sinemet now and less CR.

You were right.  We were surprised because she was not having significant
overdose symptoms at the higher levels.

Earlier message:

My wife (54/4) is taking a significant amount of medication an increasingly
more frequent intervals.  Every 1 3/4 hours (one and three quarters hours)
she takes 1 Sinemet 25/100, 2 Sinemet CR 25/100 and 3/8 or 3/4 mg Mirapex.
Somewhat less often when she is sleeping.

Has anyone had experience with these levels of usage?

Jeff Heyser ([log in to unmask])