Tom,
Another reference for you is:
Thelen E.,Ulrich B.D.,& Jensen J. L.(1989),The Developmental
Origins of Locomotion in M.H.Woolcott & A.Shumway-Cook(Eds.),
Development of Posture and Gait Across the Life Span(pp 25-47),
Colunbia Univ. of S. Carolina.

The 3-4/98 issue of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine,
pp81-88,Early Detection of PD Through Automatic Movement Evaluation may
be of interest to you.It's from the Technical Univ. of Budapest.
you may be able to download it from the net using:
http://www.mmt.bme.hu/-jobbagy/
Their technique was demomstrated using finger movements,but should be
applicable for gait analysis as well.

Re my background,I am a CG for Aliza(74,PD 3+) and have no medical background.
I do have a Ph.D. in Communication System Science and many years work experience
in Communications,Signal Processing,Navigation Systems and some
Control Systems background with particular interest in Adaptive Control of time-
variable systems.

Aliza's PD is characterized by right hand tremor and
weakness,slowness(bradykinesia)
and poor balance.These are not due to the lack of rsponse to visual stimuli
but due to
internal neurophysiological processes.The imbalance is also conditioned by
fear of falling
based on previous falling experiences.It is nt vestibular at all.

Tom,what is your bacground?

Regards.
Gil