In a message dated 4/26/98 1:40:24 PM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<
 The case for funding Parkinson's research at $500 million a year for ten
 years is nearly as economically viable as funding it at $100 million a year
 for three years, given the magnitude of the savings that could be achieved.
  But our leadership made the decision to request a realistic amount of
 money - the amount which they felt would accomplish the job, an amount that
 they could explain in great detail.  I don't fault them for that.  But the
 fact that this is a reasonable amount and not a blue sky request has yet to
 be pounded home.

One problem is that the people "in the trenches" (PWPs & CGs) are, for the
most part, not privy to that information.  So how can we pound anything home?

Regards,
WHH 54/18