I wish each one of you that showed an interest in the results and side
effects of Requip could have been at todays Support Group Meeting.  Noone
in the group has been on Requip so we would have had very little input for
our speaker if it hadn't been for all the questions you sent me.

After receiving your complaints I decided to share a comment my neurologist
told me.   "If the treatment is worse than the disease stop the treatment"
some of you seemed to be in that group.

I believe each person taking medicine should read the literature that comes
with it. If your pharmacist doesn't give it to you ask for it. Then get a
good magnifying glass.

Several of you had  swelling in your ankles and feet. That is an
unfortunate side effect for a few people. It may or may not go away.   Only
you can decide how bad it is.

I had two questions about low blood sugars  in persons with both diabetes
and Parkinson"s the speaker didn't have any answers about that but said he
would find out and get back to me as soon as he did or you may call his
toll free number  listed here.

The question I got about change in personality  I think would be best
served to         take my neurologist's advice and stop treatment. A small
group of subjects seem to develop this side effect

Also he had no answer for the questions about the eyes.

It was a good meeting and the representative from SmithKline and Beecham
was well informed He has been their rep for the past 11 1/2 years. Larry
Frires 1-800 SB6-7750 EXT. 40912

Please remember most of us aren't doctors just doing our best at trying to
help each other.

My husband and I are leaving on a 3 week vacation tomorrow. So I will miss
all the comments  but hope I helped.

jjjane