>a good programmer could come close.

Ken:  Several years ago some inspired professor at, I think, a medical school,
had the med. students do an exercise for one day that helped them understand
how it felt to be elderly -- had them go through card catalog (pre-computers!)
at the library while wearing gloves, for example.  I think there may have been
some use of wheelchairs and canes, also.  Perhaps one of our terrific
librarians could find the article.  This wouldn't take the place of the
virtual PD program, but would help people understand how it can feel to have a
tremor, stiffness, etc.  Delda White CG Bob 1.5/1