Lori,

We like to call Parkinson's a "designer disease."  It is different for
everybody who has it.  There are no textbook cases.

It is understandable that many of us have to see neurologists who do not
specialize in Parkinson's.  But it worth your mother's while to travel to
see a neurologist - someone who has had a chance to see a Parkinson's
patient before - and not somebody who treats Parkinson's from a textbook.

It is also wise for you for you to continue educating yourself about
Parkinson's Disease.  This list is one good way.  The Web is another.  But
this always comes with a caveat:  Anybody may post whatever they please on
this list or on the Web.  It is up to you to sort the good from the bad.

Art

At 09:03 AM 4/22/98 , Lori Plummer wrote:
>I am writing in concern over my mother.  She has had PD for 2 years
>now.  Her doctor gave her some medication and sent her on her way.
>As far as I know she has maybe been in to see him 1 or 2 in the past
>2 years.  Is this normal?  We live in North Dakota, so and "big"
>medical institutions are not very close.  She has tremors in her
>right hand (which seem to be getting worse) and a gait.  I think she
>has taken on the attitude of the doctor, and will not discuss her PD
>or go for counceling or attend support groups.  Please let me know if
>she should be getting better help.
>
>Lori Plummer, Administrative Secretary
>Educational Enhancement Services
>Dickinson State University

 Arthur Hirsch {} [log in to unmask] {} Lewisville, TX {} 972-434-2377

   Always Remember This:  Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness