For Lori,

My husband's 1st neuro did the same thing.  Said, "You have Parkinson's
Disease, take Sinemet, and make an appt. for 6 months from now."  That
was the end of the discussion.  Poor Murph had gone to the appt. alone,
and when he came home and told me the the diagnosis, etc., we found
another neurologist right away.  We've been with him ever since.

I think this is probably a common attitude, but not a healthy one for the
patient.  You might seek out another physician for you mother if
possible.  Some of the PD folks in our area drive several hundred miles
to seek out quality physician care.

Bev and Murph Brown
Lincoln, NE