Deb, it sounds like a great idea, because it can be done without the need for
programmers, technicians, planners and managers, to name a few. It is not
enough for most people to read a brochure, or even a book, unfortunately, many
people would not even read about PD, unless it affects them in some way. A
hands-on project of any kind, would at least get people interested in PD.
Imagine if one of those bean-counters who does not think PD is a worthy cause,
went to open his desk, and the drawer would not come out, because he was
unable to manipulate the lock? Maybe not the best example, but a start in the
right direction!  I used to think it was bad when it took several minutes to
help my father get into the bathroom. now he stays in bed.....no amount of
money would be too much to find that cure! If we could get that funding
rolling, it is worth whatever it takes. [log in to unmask]