At 01:11 PM 4/22/98 , Ivan Suzman wrote:
>Dear List,
>
>This message just received from Congressman Tom Allen's staff member,
>John McLaughlin.  He is working hard to try to bring Mr. Ali to Maine.
>Any support or suggestions would be welcome from the List..

Ivan, I think that you've got some great thinking started here.  May I
first start off by asking and answering twice this question:  Why ask that
Ali come to Maine?

Answer, against him coming:  Maine was the first state to go 100% for the
Udall Bill, Maine has Ivan Suzman, one of our best spokespersons.  A visit
to Maine by Ali would be useless - it would be a sales call to sell
something already sold to your great state.

Answer, for him coming:  Because Maine has done so well for the cause, a
visit by Ali would honor the state and honor its spokesperson(s) - as I
know that you, Ivan, would praise those who have helped you so.

But now to meld these ideas - how about an Ivan and Ali show - with Ivan
and possibly a caregiver traveling around the U.S. - maybe the world - with
Ali?  Ali the famous person, incapacitated in his speech, to draw  crowds -
and Ivan the articulate traveling spokesperson, to drive the point home -
and working  for - you guessed it - the one-time-foe, the NPF, who now
would happily paying Ivan's expenses.  No question: they'd be getting their
money's worth.

It's good to hear, BTW, that Tolcapone is doing a good job for you and
you've had more on time.  As a former Chicagoan, it's also good for me to
hear that Al's grandson, Tol, is making it without having to go into the
speakeasy business. <G>

Art

 Arthur Hirsch {} [log in to unmask] {} Lewisville, TX {} 972-434-2377

   Always Remember This:  Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness