On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Jane Koenig wrote:

> I belong to another list on which the unwritten rule is to preface
> "non-serious" subject titles with the word NOISE.  That way list members
> who only want to read the serious topics can either delete the noisy topics
> without opening them, or instruct their e-mail software to filter them out.
>  Something like this may be a solution for this list.

Weeell... I used to be rather active on Fidonet, a network that kind of
preceded the Internet, and there we often used to mark that kind of
messages "OT:", Off Topic.
So a message in the Funsport forum where I talk about my day at work
would (in the best of worlds) have been marked "OT: My day at work"...
It doesn't always work, though, but it's worth a try, perhaps.

/John (29/0)