Hi Jane....

It's possible to order non-perishable foods and have 'em delivered for about a
$10 charge for the average order.  There's a 24 hour lag time between the
order and delivery.

IF I had, say, something like a helluva case of flu or was bedridden, I'd
consider the $10 well spent, but I KNOW if I arranged for a food delivery
because of a PD-off-day, I'd prolly feel decent enough to do the marketing
myself the very next day!! (kinda like making a dental appointment because yer
in pain, and the minute ya walk in the door at the dentist's office ya feel
just fine!).

My daughter, Jamie, has made food-runs or other done other services for me -
SHE offers occasionally and I ASK occasionally.  However, I'm very conscious
that she puts in a very busy and long work-day, plus has a new hubby who is
NOT understanding, much less caring, about the PD-connection in Jamie's life.

Truthfully, I'd rather call on a friend if it's a REAL emergency, 'cause
heck... it'd be too easy to fall back on those same friends EVERY time I felt
"off" enough not to drive to the market, and I don't want THAT to do that.

And HEY... running outta food is GREAT incentive to NOT have an off day and to
get myself outta the house!

Barb Mallut