OKAY, here are some ideas, for what they're worth: 1 My mother used to cook
several dishes on Sunday, casseroles, etc, freeze them, and heat 'em up for
dinner during the week. She was able to work extended hours and not have to
stand and cook dinner every night!  2. My two sisters are "fair" cooks,
compared to me, who can ruin a can of "heat 'n eat" soup, I mean, you don't
even need to ADD anything and I can mess up!! And my Barb is a pretty good
cook, but gets tired of making big meals. (stay with me here..) My mother is a
great cook, but has to run back and forth to check on my father, so it is not
easy, HOWEVER (finally!) on holidays, everyone brings one dish, or a dessert,
and mom cooks one dish, or two, and all together we have a FEAST, I even make
the tea or coffee (with the coffee bags!)...
So just invite a few folks over, to each bring their own food. When YOU feel
great, you can return the favor.... 3.  Go through the Sunday newspaper, they
probably have a listing of restaurants, many not yet in the phone book, and
just start calling. it is amazing how many will deliver, but don't advertise
that.  4 This one may be obvious, but I never realized it. You can have a
taxicab  pick up an order and deliver  it, for the same price as a regular cab
fare. Our company used to have parts delivered that way in emergency
situations. This was when courier services were rare, and very expensive, so I
am not sure if they will still do that.  Just a funny story to end with, my
grandmother used to have a neighbor's son run errands, and she'd give him some
change, or a candy bar in return. One day she was baking, and ran out of
baking soda, and sent Alex to get a box. He returned with bacon, and soda!  A
good laugh was had by all! So now I have a craving for pizza, anyone wanna
bring me one? LOL