Subj:   Parkinson's Awareness Month Activities
Date:   04/23/98
CC:     [log in to unmask]

Update on cities in Ohio signing proclamations:

        1) Miami County Commisioners, Troy, Oh.
        2) Village of  Potsdam  Oh., issued  proclamation  proclaiming
            April 22, 1998 as a special "Parkinsons Awareness day. The
            Potsdam United  Methodist  Church,  with assistance from
            the Miami County Parkinson's Support Group, held a work-
            shop on Parkinsons and  Muscular  Disorders.   It was a big
            success!  We had a certified Neurologist as the guest speak-
            er.  There were several new Parkinsonians  present  that  will
            no doubt join our support group.

           I suggest that until  the congress (both the Senate and House)
            decides to appropriate the $100 million for research of Park-
            insons, we  make  every  day   "Parkinsons Awareness Day"!
            April has given us a great start! Why stop now!  Comments?