At 03:31 PM 4/16/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Speaking of  those dear Canadian geese. Our lawn is carpeted wall-to-wall
>for two months every summer. I put a sign out "Please go to the West field."
>But the geese aren't very bright or perhaps I should learn geese gobble-de-
>gook.
>So we purchased a "pooper scooper"
>
>HOWEVER , it makes a pretty sight in the sky when I chase them
>with a broomstick at five  A.M.
>
>[log in to unmask] (Mary Manfredi)

Exchange the broom for a shotgun!  Every waterfoul hunter knows that
geese are smart enough not to come with in a half mile of a shotgun.
Of course that is the way it was in my youth 40 years ago...
Last fall my wife and I toured the USA and part of Canada.
Every day of the trip had interesting surprises.  The Canadian
geese on the lawns at Henry Ford Museum in Detroit,
At Winterthur in Delaware, and southern Delaware were one of the surprises
for me.  I understand it is partly due to conservation and wetland restoration
programs.  Next holiday season think "goose" instead of " turkey"!

Erv Birzer   64/5