Hey folks, please take the time to read this post.

If you have not discovered WebRings, you've got a treat in store!

The "Undernet" or "WebRings" are for creators of personal pages
unable to get their pages listed in a mainstream directory. To
explore the personal-page phenomenon, the creators themselves
set up a separate navigational system just for the "Undernet".

Simply, a Webring is a group of sites linked in an organized way
to create  something like a guided tour. The concept is quite
literal. The sites share a common navigation system so that when you've
clicked through them all you're back where you started.
But it's not as controlled as all that. You can enter the Ring
at any point, travel it in any direction, list its next five sites, jump
to a random one, or get a list of all the pages in the loop.

A search of Yahoo reveals some 50 in its directory, whereas
Webring's Ringworld directory lists about 2,000 out of more
than 8,000 created under its auspices, with over 250,000 sites
linked.

http://www.webring.org/
http://www.webring.org/ringworld/
http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/search?search

And they're darn fun and informative, too.

I've seen WebRings on Geology, Rock Collecting, Exotic Birds, Multiple
Sclerosis, Geeks, Dinosaurs, Paleontology, Puzzles, The Civil War,
Photography, Science, Weather, Nursing, Web Tips, Humor...just about
everything except ****Parkinson's Disease****!

I think we are missing a wonderful opportunity here.
When I went to look up Parkinson's Disease, it listed
1 WebRing but then it said it had no sites listed in
it yet. The search resulted in:

1 Parkinson's Disease Webring (parkinsons) -- 0 sites --

       medication research

         organizations, corporations, educational institutes,
etc.,           offering information on Parkinson's Disease, treatment,
research, support, medications, organizations, chat groups, etc.

Multiple Sclerosis has 4 WebRings with 77 sites. They are full of
information, resources, links, personal stories, photos...and they are
educating the public about MS.

Check out what I'm saying:
http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=multscler;list
http://www.usit.com/rypytt/msring.htm

example site:
http://www.aye.net/~rachael/MS.html

There are several members of this support group that already have
wonderful home pages that could be linked in a WebRing for PD.

It's a great way for people to see some great sites, put a face on PD,
get educated, and find us... yadda, yadda, yadda.

I think this is an opportunity that shouldn't be missed but it will take
some of our Parkie tech/geeks to check this out and get their heads
together...come on Barbara x2, Janet, Art, Jeff, John, Dennis, Ronald,
Joe, Marvin, Bruce, yadda, bla-bla-bla and you-know who!

Please check this possibility out and share your thoughts.

Another cyber sis,
Gail Vass