To reply to Ms. Patterson who question whether NPF is non-profit, the
answer is yes. NPF was founded 41 years by a woman by the name of Jeanne C.
Levy.=20
Ms. Levy's husband had Parkinson's disease and she was not happy with the
treatment he was receiving. Thus, she founded NPF with the goal of
providing a more holistic approach to the treatment of PD by utilizing
therapy as well as drug intervention. Our current Chairman, Mr. Nathan
Slewett was one of the first board members of NPF back in 1957. He has been
involved with NPF ever since, and now at age 85 he continues as our
volunteer Chairman of the Board. His salary is $1.00 per year and he hasn't
accepted that $1 for the past 10 years!

NPF raises all of its funds through private donations and through grants
from Pharmaceutical companies interested in working with us in various
educational programs. Only very small percentage of our money goes to pay
overhead such staffing and the like. The rest goes to fund research and
patient services at our 51 Centers of Excellence around the world -- in
addition to doing things like updating our literature and mailing it
absolutely free of charge.

The Mission of the National Parkinson Foundation is:
=20
=B7 To find the cause of and the cure for Parkinson=92s disease=20
 and related neurological disorders through research.=20
=20
=B7 To educate general medical practitioners to detect the
  early warning signs of Parkinson=92s disease.=20
=20
=B7 To educate patients, their caregivers=20
 and the general public.

=B7 To provide diagnostic and therapeutic services.=20
=20
=B7 To improve the quality of life for both=20
patients and caregivers.

For more inf. on NPF, visit our website at www.parkinson.org

Warm Regards to All,

Melinda Brown