Something occurred to me this morning and I'd like to share it.  What if pd is
caused by a major shock or trauma to the physical body.  In reading and
sharing with this list I've heard about flu shots, head injuries, CO, thyroid
radiation testing, pesticide exposure, toxic substance exposure to name a few.
They are all major shocks to the physical body.  There seem to be differences
in the severity of the disease and age of onset as well as response to the
many drugs available.  I wonder if there are groups of people with pd who have
been exposed to different things that have similar severities of the disease
i.e. those with head injuries preceding onset having similar types of pd.
Then I wondered if stroke treatments (since that is certainly a major shock to
the physical body) would have any effect on pd, particularly at the beginning
stages of the disease.  There are apparently some new techniques availabe in
treating stroke victims if they get to their hospital in the first few hours.
Does anyone know if any research in these areas is being done?
Thanks for reading and I would love to hear your thoughts.
Den