My mother is 74 years old and has Parkinsons for around 12 years. She lives
at home with my father, who is her primary caregiver. At nite and one day
they have a CNA type helper come in.
For a while now she is suffering from pretty bad confusion, anxiety,
depression and nightmares. Very often she seems unable to formulate
thoughts and words.
We are talking with the doctors, trying to see if anything can be done for her.
Meanwhile, it is a very stressful situation not only for her, but
expecially for my father.
I write to the group in search of ideas/options for care and/or housing,
with the idea that some major changes may have to happen soon and/or down
the road.
We had some experiences with board and care homes a couple years ago and
found them to be insufficient for the needs of my mother.
Has anyone dealt with a retirement, care home, assisted living, adult day
care, or anything else where the staff could/would help with both
Parkinsons and the on/off confusion-type problems we are facing?
My mother is in the LA area.
Thank you in advance,
Debbie